Ana M. Mencini & Associates, P.C. Has Been Acquired by Unzueta Law Group, P.C.

Call or Text


115 West Main Street, Bensenville, IL 60106

Non-Immigrant Visa Attorneys in Bensenville

Wood Dale Non-Immigrant Visa Attorneys

DuPage County Temporary Visa Lawyers

When a foreign national wishes to come to the United States, he or she will usually need to obtain a visa. Some visas allow such a person to remain in the U.S. permanently and are known as immigrant visas. Other visas only allow the person to stay temporarily—often for a predetermined period of time. These are called non-immigrant visas, as they are not designed to facilitate the person's permanent immigration to the United States.

At Unzueta Law Group, P.C., our knowledgeable team has extensive experience helping non-immigrants gain lawful entry into the United States. We understand the challenges associated with the visa application process, and we are equipped to handle all types of visas. Our lawyers offer responsible, cost-effective immigration representation with a personal and compassionate touch.

Common Types of Non-Immigrant Visas

In any given year, the vast majority of visas granted by the United States government are non-immigrant visas, and there are many different types. The one that is most appropriate for a particular situation depends on why the person wants to come to the United States. The most common types of non-immigrant visas include:

  • Student Visas: A foreign national who wishes to participate in an accredited course of study will require a student visa. Academic program students require F-visas, and vocational program students require M-visas. Those in approved exchange programs typically use J-visas.
  • Temporary Work Visas: H-visas, L-visas, P-visas, and E-visas are used to allow workers to stay in the U.S. temporarily for employment-related reasons. Other types of visas may also be used, but the specific visa required depends on the applicant's occupation and the nature of his or her visit.
  • Visitor Visas: Individuals who wish to come to the United States for business require a B-1 visa, while those visiting as tourists, to see family, or to seek medical care require a B-2 visa. Most visitors from countries that participate in the Visa Waiver Program may stay in the United States for up to 90 days without obtaining B-visas.
  • Fiancé Visas: K-visas, or fiancé visas, are also considered non-immigrant visas and are required for foreign nationals who are engaged to be married to current U.S. citizens.

Protecting Your Best Interests in Northern Illinois

If you or a loved one is interested in coming to the United States to live and work on a permanent basis, it is important to be honest during the application process. Immigrant visas are generally limited, but you may be able to get a non-immigrant visa to begin the process. Misrepresenting your intentions could lead to you being investigated for possible visa fraud.

Once you have legally entered the United States using a valid non-immigrant visa, you might be eligible to apply for Adjustment of Status. If your Adjustment of Status is approved, you will become a lawful permanent resident, and you will receive a green card. The skilled attorneys at Unzueta Law Group, P.C. can help you determine your eligibility for Adjustment of Status, and we will work with you throughout the process.

Schedule a Reduced-Cost Consultation Today

To learn more about our firm and how we can help you or your loved one obtain a non-immigrant visa, contact our office. Call 630-509-2363 for a low-cost consultation with an experienced immigration attorney today. Our firm serves clients in Itasca, Addison, Wood Dale, Bensenville, Schaumburg, Rolling Meadows, DuPage County, Cook County, and the surrounding areas.

isba aila cba

Contact Unzueta Law Group, P.C.

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
Name *
Email *
Phone *
How would you prefer to be contacted?
No Preference
Briefly describe your legal issue. *

DisclaimerThe use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

I have read and understand the Disclaimer and Privacy Policy.

Back to Top