Ana M. Mencini & Associates, P.C. Has Been Acquired by Unzueta Law Group, P.C.

Call or Text


115 West Main Street, Bensenville, IL 60106

DuPage County Adjustment of Status Lawyers

Addison Adjustment of Status Immigration Attorneys

Attorneys in Bensenville for Consular Processing of Green Card Applications

At Unzueta Law Group, P.C., our experienced immigration lawyers are dedicated to helping clients obtain legal permanent resident status in the United States. If you or a loved one entered the U.S. using a non-immigrant visa, including a temporary work visa, a tourist visa, or a student visa, you might be able to get an immigrant visa (green card) through an Adjustment of Status. An Adjustment of Status, or AOS, could allow you to become a legal permanent resident of the United States, making citizenship through naturalization a distinct possibility.

Illinois Law Firm Assisting With Adjustment of Status Eligibility Determinations

The United States government makes Adjustments of Status available to many different would-be immigrants in a wide variety of situations. In order to be eligible for Adjustment of Status, you must qualify to apply for a green card. Green cards may be available for family-based reasons and employment reasons, as well as to those seeking asylum in the United States.

Our attorneys understand the challenges of the U.S. immigration process. Our team will help you determine if you are eligible for Adjustment of Status, and we will work with you in preparing your petition. In addition to qualifying to apply for a green card, there are other requirements that you will need to meet in order to become a legal permanent resident. For example, your entry into the U.S. must have been legal using a valid visa, and you must not have overstayed the visa's expiration. There are, however, some exceptions to these requirements, and we will help you understand all of your available options.

Some AOS cases are more complicated than others. In certain situations, you might need to have a current U.S. citizen sponsor your application for a green card while in others, you can file the petition on your own. Cases involving marriage to foreign nationals, in particular, are often scrutinized by immigration officials to detect and prevent instances of fraud. No matter what the circumstances of your case may be, our experienced, knowledgeable immigration lawyers are equipped to protect your best interests.

Consular Processing Counsel in Addison and Wood Dale

For would-be immigrants who are not currently in the United States, consular processing may provide an avenue for obtaining lawful permanent resident status. Consular processing means that the applicant files for an immigrant visa at a U.S. State Department consulate outside of the country and the application is processed through the consulate. If you have a loved one abroad who is considering consular processing, the lawyers at Unzueta Law Group, P.C. can provide skilled guidance and trusted counsel throughout every stage of the proceedings.

Call 630-509-2363 to Discuss Your Case

For more information about petitioning for Adjustment of Status or consular processing, contact our office before you make any decisions. Call 630-509-2363 for a reduced-cost consultation with an experienced immigration attorney today. Our firm serves clients in Itasca, Bensenville, Bloomingdale, Rosemont, Elk Grove Village, Schaumburg, Rolling Meadows, Addison, Wood Dale, Roselle, DuPage County, Cook County, and the surrounding areas.

isba aila cba

Contact Unzueta Law Group, P.C.

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
Name *
Email *
Phone *
How would you prefer to be contacted?
No Preference
Briefly describe your legal issue. *

DisclaimerThe use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

I have read and understand the Disclaimer and Privacy Policy.

Back to Top